Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Days at Lion City

.

First Day @ Lion City / 25.07.09, Sat

Raffles City/ Orchard Road/ Bugis/ Clark Quay/ Chinatown

Took the LRT from Kelana Jaya to KL Sentral to catch the 6.30am Skybus (RM9/per way). But the driver said the bus only leaves at 6.45pm so we took the Aerobus (RM8/per way) which leaves at 6.35am and I was praying that this bus will take us to LCCT in ONE piece! Thank God it did! Pheeww..

Check in at Tiger Airways counter and had a bowl of Koay Teow soup (with loads of MSG) breakfast at the Taste of Asia café. Wanted to have breakfast at OldTown Kopitiam but it was full.. not going back to Taste of Asia café!!

Tiger Airways serves alcohol in-flight! hehehe

Touched down at Singapore’s Budget Terminal and was waiting in line to clear immigration when I decided to snap a photo of the crowd of people waiting in line. *Flashlight* Suddenly, a man’s voice called out “ Ma’am! Ma’am! Excuse me Ma’am!” Only I realized he was addressing me. I looked up to where the voice came from and it was one of the airport security guy. He asked me to delete the photo I just took. OOHh Darn It!! I apologized and deleted off the photo immediately. Just arrived in Singapore and I nearly got myself into trouble..

After clearing immigration, went over to where the shuttle bus awaits to bring passengers over to Singapore’s Changi Airport Terminal 2.

Shuttle Bus from Budget Terminal to Changi Airport T2

Managed to board the shuttle on time and met an airport staff who were kind enough to show us the way all the way to the Changi MRT station before she carry on with her journey to Terminal 3 to report to work. So sweet of her.

I’ve got my EzLink SMRT card with me (on loan from Darling Keropi) so I just need to top up the card and I’m on my way to my next stop : Outram Park MRT. Less than half an hour, reached my destination and was trying to make my way to Hotel Re! @ Pearl Hill only to go over the wrong way (went towards Chinatown!!, looked at the map and realized we're heading the WRONG WAY!! Made a u-turn to go back to the MRT station and found the hotel’s road sign...Duuhhh....

Alight at Tanah Merah Station to change train to Outram park Station

The interior of the SMRT is so much wider and longer compared to KL's Putra LRT


We were early, it was only 12.30pm but the hotel allowed us to have an early check in. Thank goodness ^_^ Check in was smooth and yeap, I got the PINK room! ^_^

Loccitane Toiletries..


Put my stuffs in the room and am off again to next stop: Raffles City Shopping mall. Stopped at City Hall MRT station and Raffles City Mall is just an escalator away! So convenient! Went hunting for lunch – MOS Burger!!

Entrance to MOS Burger Raffles City Mall

Scallop Rice Burger


Yakinuku Beef Rice Burger

After that went to Orchard Road not to shop, but to just look around..hahaha..Walked down the road while enjoying a SGD 1 ice cream!hehehe


Next destination was Church of Our Lady of Lourdes which was a few minutes walk away from Bugis MRT station. A small church but pleasant looking. The church still uses hymn books for congregation to sing along the hymns.


After church, had dinner at the nearby hawker centre just opposite the church grounds before making our way to Clark Quay.

Clark Quay is quite a cool place to be! I was excited when I saw the the G-Max Reverse Bungy & GX-5 Xtreme Swing! But I just had a heavy dinner and it won’t be a good idea to be on those rides unless I wanna start throwing up all over during or after the ride ..hahahaha…

Next, went to Chinatown and did a little shopping before heading back to the hotel after a long sweaty day.


Second Day @ Lion City / 26.07.09, Sun

Sentosa Island & National Stadium

Woke up and it’s MEET THE DOLPHINS DAY!! So so so excited!

Taking a friend’s advise, I wore my swimsuit beneath my dress and took change of clothes in my backpack just in case I got wet from my dolphin encounter ^_^

Reached Harbour Front MRT station and went all the way up to Vivo City’s Level 3 to get the entrance pass to Sentosa Island. Was told by the ticketing officer that we’ll be able to get the Dolphin Lagoon & Underwater World ticket on the island itself. Had a quick breakfast at the food court next to the ticketing counter before alighting the Sentosa monorail (SGD 3).


Sentosa Island Shuttle Bus


From Beach Station, took the free ride on Yellow Line Shuttle Bus towards Dolphin Lagoon. Click to read: My 1st Dolphin Encounter

After Dolphin Lagoon, we made our way to Underwater World by taking athe Red Line Shuttle bus. Some exhibits, I’ve seen before but I was more awed by the Sea Angel.. it looks so delicate.. so fragile..yet pretty!

I find this pretty cool! They managed to get the real embryo to exhibit!

Octopus

After that, made our way to Imbiah Station to take a walk at Imbiah Lookout before heading back to the hotel to change and freshen up for our next destination : Singapore National Stadium!

Time to watch the Reds LIVE! Changed into a red T-Shirt and all set to go! Click to read: My 1st Live Football Match


Third Day @ Lion City / 27.07.09, Mon

Time to Say GOODBYE..

Supposed to take a walk at Pearl Hill Park this morning but opt to stay in bed instead till it’s time to check out. It was raining today so we decided to take the cab to Outram MRT station instead of walking over. The cab ride cost us SGD 5.70 but it’s alright last day of trip and we’re tired and definitely not in favour to get drenched before reaching the airport. Traced our way back to Changi MRT station and waited for the Budget Terminal shuttle bus to arrive. Had McDonalds Spicy Chic McDeluxe set meal at the budget terminal. SGD 5 incl taxes for a lunch promo meal. In Malaysia, RM 5.95 / RM 7.95 ++.. Dollar to dollar wise, Singapore is much cheaper!

Conclusion for my Singapore trip : SATISFACTORY on public transport and tourist friendly locations ^_^

0 comments

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment