Sunday, July 12, 2009

Bali Hai Seafood

.

The reason why we're eating out today is to treat dad for his Birthday.

Since he prefers Chinese cuisine, I have to let go my urge to eat at a long missed German restaurant.


Was supposed to bring my family to a Chinese seafood restaurant at Gertak Sanggul, Penang but it was raining heavily. My sis suggested to have dinner at Gurney Drive instead..of all place, the tourist spot..hmm.. But I said ok since all of us haven’t been to Bali Hai Seafood before. One thing for sure, I know it’s not going to be cheap! For Dad’s Birthday, I’m willing to spend.




Entrance



Inside Bali Hai


After we made our order and waiting for food to be served, went "sight seeing" around the area.



Fresh Prawns



Eel!!??



Oysters



Lobsters


Fishes...



More choices of fish



King Crab



Snow Crab


Eel again?


It's called Geoduck...


Crab


Flower Crab



These Groupers are for display purposes only


More Prawns


I seriously don't know how this will be cooked and served..


Baby Octopuses?


Assortment of vegetables


Waiting to be "sushied"


Cuttlefish and shells


Snails, Lala and all sorts of shells


Got back to our table just in time when food is served! :)
The scallops are biggest I've eaten so far in my scallops eating history ..hihi



Broccoli, Mushrooms & Baby Corn with Scallops


Sar Poh Towfoo with vege, prawns and fish
The tofu is soft and smells GOOD!



Soupy Lala
I ordered this for the rest of them to eat the lala, for me to enjoy the soup..hahaha


Ang Sai Fish Steamed teowchew style


Chef's special Kam Heong Crab


Teochew Mee Tiao

So far all dishes were good.. except a few lala's that need a bit more clean up before getting into the cooking pot.
At least for the price paid, the food is satisfactory.


Bali Hai Seafood Market

90, 90A, 90B, 90C & 90D,

Persiaran Gurney, 10250, Penang

Tel#: +604-228 8272 / +604-228 1272

Fax#: +604-2288273

0 comments

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment