Thursday, July 16, 2009

I Became My Own Chef

.

Eating out is always the easy way out. Just order and food will be served and all I gotta do is pay for it.Yet, sometimes I just felt sick eating out and at times, I went blank, thinking and thinking what should I eat this time? Which.. later I end up eating the same thing over and over again..Like what? Pork Noodle Soup? Maggi Mee? hehehe

Sometimes, I miss my mom's home cooked food too.. I'm not a good cook as she is.
But it's a change to whip up something by myself and enjoy the simple meal after the preparation and the cooking process.

Meal preparation gets sweeter when I've got help, even a teeny weeny one such as helping out to wash the vegetables or cleaning up after cooking.

The following photos are some of what I've experimented on :
Pan Mee

Vietnamese Spring Roll - I know they don;t put mushrooms but I want mushrooms =p
I watched on You Tube - How to roll the spring rolls was confident I could do it, but the end result was a disaster.. LOLZ..


Tomyam Beehoon with Towfoo, Straw Mushroom and Vege


Linguine with Minced Beef, Red Capsicum, Tomatoes, Brocollis & Eggplant


Spaghetti with Meatball & Oyster Mushroom
Penne with button Mushrooms & Sprinkle of Cheese!


Stir-fried Chinese Cabbage + Red Capsicum with Flat Noodle


Jumbo sausage & Omellette with Chilli & Thousand Island Sauce


Chicken Nuggets and Scrambled Eggs


Clockwise from top right:

1) Omelette with parmesan cheese & "chang" as garnishing

2) French Beans & Carrot

3) Black Pepper Beef


Potato Salad - My all time favorite


Stir Fry Cabbage with Red Capsicum and Chicken



Japanese Potato Glass Noodle in Salted Vege Towfoo Soup


Clockwise from top:
1) White Rice & Fried Egg
2) Stir Fry Vege
3) Red Beans
4) Salted Chicken (bought from Pasar Malam...=p)

0 comments

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment