Sunday, November 15, 2009

Krabi - Jalan Jalan Cari Makan

.

After checking into the hotel.. our stomachs asked the unanimous question : What's for lunch? Thai Food of course! Not sure where we're heading but after walking a short distance away from the hotel, we found Luna Beach Restaurant by the beach.


Entrance of restaurant


Seats overlooking Noparathara Beach


Relax with the coconut fellas..oopss.. I mean, with the coconut drink =p



All mine!


Green Curry Beef - too diluted... hmmm...but it tasted okay..


Tom Yam Krung - NOT SPICY ENOUGH!!! -_- WASSUP KRABI???COME ON KRABI!! I know you can do better!!

Took the public bus (I would call it - pick up truck) from Ao Nang to Krabi Town.
It was raining cats and dogs but thank goodness it stopped when we reached the town.
Head over to the night market - didn't get anything there...nothing catches my eyes.. Fruits, flowers, food being sold like how economy rice stalls operates in Malaysia..other than that, I can't find much stuffs. I think we went to the wrong night market..hahaha..

Found this shop at the side of the road and there were quite a number of locals enjoying the food here. Checked it out and it was beef/chicken noodle soup.
Ohh...Dinner FINALLY!!


Before and After mixing chilli paste into the bowl of noodles =p
The beef balls taste good! Htwo bowls.. one with rice vermicilli and another with glass noodle.
THB 30per bowl.

At first I was thinking.. why give me a glass of ice cubes? Just in case it gets to spicy for me? hmm... Then it dawned to me..it's complimentary..there's a jug of water on the table, free flow of water...hehehe


Walked into Mc Donalds just to try out the Samurai Pork Burger =p
Erm.. I still prefer Beef Burger or Fish Fillet..

After McD, walked along the stretch of road looking for a good deal for a nice Thai massage.
Found one, PU BODY SCRUB & MASSAGE for THB 200 which includes head, neck, shoulder, back and leg massage. Normally, they charge THB 250 for back, shoulder & neck massage.

I've tried Balinese massage before (not originally in Bali but in Penang Island) and I find Thai massage is a little different. The strokes..and the way the masseur sits/kneel behind you and start stretching your body! She said, "Ok, relax.. relax" while saying this she swings your body a little and then suddenly *KRAAKK!!* That's my back "shouting"..Gosh! I was so afraid my body will break into a few parts! But it felt good after that.. hahaha

My leg massage, however.. made my leg muscle ache till the next few days...it's like I've ran so many kilometers! And for the record.. my masseur is a lady... =D

Anyway, back to food news...the owner of the massage parlour, Pu is friendly and to my delight, she recommended to try out the Tom Yum at Fisherman Restaurant a few doors away from her shop.



Fisherman Restaurant interior - This restaurant is located at your left when you are heading towards Krabi Heritage Hotel's entrance.


Chilli padi with lime and soy sauce or was it fish sauce..


Cute presentation of rice served on plate


Masamman curry - I ead at some blogs.. this is a must try curry.. So, okay.. called this curry.. and when I tasted it...this is like my mom's home cooked curry.. just that she did it better?


Tom Yum Seafood- I have to agree that this Tom Yum is so much better.. I've told the waiter, I want it to be spicy.. Thus, you can see the chilli padi floating in the soup...hehehe
last.. my tastebuds are satisfied...

Went back to hotel but felt hungry after that, so walked out and found little stalls by the side of the road. This stall makes pancake..Ordered one with egg filling..

Was looking at how the pancake is being made..looks like our local Roti Canai!!

Yeah.. looks like a square roti canai...haha Roti Telur!


Only difference is that Sweet Conden Milk and sugar is spread on top of the pancake.


Another stall nearby... fried noodles, rice etc..


Menu...


Fried Chicken with basil and chilli Rice - Nothing to shout about =p


Fried Pad Thai - I find this too sweet to my liking

More post on Krabi:

0 comments

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment