Saturday, June 16, 2012

Kota Kinabalu - Cathedral of Sacred Heart

.


My main agenda while at Kota Kinabalu was to attend a friend's wedding and I am extra excited because they are getting married at Sacred Heart Cathedral, Kota Kinabalu!! This  was where I was baptized just a few days after I was born. My parents didn't bring me to visit this church ever since....So..yeah..I'd like VERY MUCH to take a look at the baptismal pool!! (saw the photo taken during my baptism which my mom kept). Yeah.. my baptism was awesome! I was dipped into a pool of holy water!! (I cried my lungs out coz it was so cold! How did I remember? Of coz I remember...NOT!! =p My mom relate what happened..)LOL..Nowadays baptism are not as 'grand' as those years. Babies / Adult have holy water poured across their head instead. 


Main church building



Inside the church

Way of the cross stations around the church grounds - reminds me of St Anne's church, Bukit Mertajam

Station #3 or 7 or 9 - Jesus Falls For the first or second or thrid time

Peaceful grtto of Mother Mary


Cofessional rooms available in 4 languanges - Bahasa Malaysia, Eglish, Chinese and Kadazan

Adoration room

Next to the church, stands Sacred Heart Primary School

Billboard erected near the church entrance/exit


I asked around people at the church and church helpers to show me the way to the baptismal pool. Some said they are not sure, some said it's behind the main church, some said it's near the priest office/ lodging..went around and..I CAN'T FIND THE BAPTISMAL POOL!!! @_@ There's a new church hall..maybe the church pool made way for new building? sniff... After the wedding mass, I left the church with a tinge of sadness.. 

0 comments

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment