Thursday, May 31, 2012

Pesta Ka'amatan (Harvest Festival)

.

Kotobian Tadau Tagazo Do Kaamatan! 
(Happy Harvest Festival! in the Kadazan language)


Photo courtesy of Ben's Slice of Life


I've not got the chance to celebrate Pesta Kaamatan (Harvest Festival) with my family members in Sabah yet but, I sure do feel the excitement way over here just by looking at the photos and reading the news =p 


Pesta Ka'amatan (known locally as Tadau Ka'amatan) is a yearly celebration by the Kadazandusun ethnic group and is one of the most look forward holiday in Land Below the Wind. It is celebrated to offer thanksgiving for the bountiful harvest.  During the festival, traditional ceremonies and rituals are held followed by a variety of activities. One of it is the Unduk Ngadau, a beauty pageant held as a memorial to Huminodunthe sacrificed daughter of the Kadazandusun spirits Kinorohingan and Suminundu.





I've pestered my younger sis to try her luck at participating in Unduk Ngadau to no avail..tee hee.. Hmm... probably I'll start encouraging my cousin sister instead.. =p
Anyway, TheGreenMechanics has the list of Unduk Ngadau 2012 winners. Check it out!


More photos : MySabah.com





Gotta plan to join the fun in person one fine day! ^_^ Happy Holidays to all Sabahan folks!

0 comments

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment