Saturday, January 7, 2012

Penang Hill

.

I stayed in Penang ever since I was 4 months old and how many times have I been to Penang Hill? Twice...?? So today, trying to be a good tour guide to "His Highness" and his entourage (including the ever Cheeky Stubborn Cow), we made our way to Air Itam.



The controversial multi-storey carpark at the foot of Penang Hill that is still not open to the public..So, yeah.. still gotta park along the limited car park along the road or around the housing area.
(Read story here.)






















Initially I got a shock looking at the ticket price on display : RM 30 per adult! 
BUT, if you're a Malaysian with MyKad, then breathe a sigh of relief, the ticket is priced at RM 8 per adult. (I think they should charge RM 2 - RM 4 per pax to encourage more locals to visit ^_^).



Items on display



A photo captured on 1924 - - I think those who has acrophobia / fear of heights wouldn't dare to sit in this coach.


The old coach on display at the top of Penang Hill


Photo of the Penang Hill coach in 1906





This looks less scary compared to the earlier days..
Modernized!! 

The latest coach with aircond!
Let's go coach -a-riding!

The 2011 new coach is much more comfortable even compared to the 1977-2010's coach.. (I remembered I felt a bit claustrophobic).

The view of the railway from inside the coach

For some reasons, I got a little crush on these flowers (but it doesn't overtake my favourite number one - TULIPS!)

Coin operated binoculars  




The view of Tanjung Tokong area (if not mistaken) from the top of Penang Hill
Sky Terrace restaurant..hmm.. one day must find some time to hang out here :p

Fancy to capture a photo with an albino pyhton? 
Really?? With the snake kept inside a box, no one even bother coming close to take a look @_@





















Yeah I still remember the post office building.. same old ..same old.. 
















Police station building remains the same too..


Penang Bellevue Hotel

They don't seem to have a website. But if you need to make any enquiry, you may reach them at :
Telephone# : +604 829 9500
Email          : penbell@streamyx.com



Segway ride at Bellevue Hotel, Penang Hill


Did  I tried it out? Nope :P I would if the price is less pricey. If I remember correctly it was RM 10 / RM 20 for 10 minutes.
I was told by my fellow piggy mate that the boss of Segway died riding one of these! The story here.

Buggy Ride at RM 30 for 15-20 minutes. Worth it if you have a group of people who doesn't enjoy walking :p Just kiddin'!!! 

The road taken for a short sight seeing






































A post stand dated year 1818 with Queen Victoria's initial : VR

One of the bungalows along the small little road


Just fooling around with the canon! :p 
(But secretly, I was really imagining myself being blasted to space! Too much cartoon? Perhaps.. :p)


2,750 feet above sea level, the cool air still can be felt, though not as cooling as many many years back...


Just FYI :In Bahasa Malaysia, Penang Hill is not known as Bukit Pulau Pinang (as per direct translation). Instead it's known as Bukit Bendera.

1 comment

Anonymous said...

<3<3<3 BEAUTIFUL <3<3<3

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment