Sunday, August 23, 2009

An Evening At GHotel's Sesame & Soy

.

It’s a grand birthday celebration as my granma turns 90 years old.. my aunt and uncle chose to celebrate this occasion at Sesame & Soy Restaurant, GHotel, Penang.

Food served was not the typical chinese style, served on large platter placed in the middle of the table, but fine dining style – one plate to each person. A change of setting…I like this change ^_^
I only get to enjoy the first few dishes served.. after that, we (my cousin sister, my sis and myself) were called to “stage” to sing for my granma after the same stint was done by my uncles, my dad and my cousin brother..What we chose to sing?
L.O.V.E by Nat King Cole..hahaha..

Before joining the 3-piece band on stage, we were planning that each of us will take one alphabet each and we were making all sorts of moves.. but on stage, our body were STIFF! LOLZ!! My sister’s voice was the softest.. hahahaha.. luckily it was dark.. no one would be able to see my leg wobbling! My cousin sister couldn’t see the lyrics properly and she went “ la la la la” hahaha.. first attempt was a disaster..so we recomposed ourselves then start the whole song again.. hehehe..and second attempt was better than the first. We got louder cheers compared to the men! hehehe



Pretty!



Rose Petals..creates a sense of romance..



Table setting


Set up done nicely


3-piece band


It didn’t end there..sat a while.. eat a lil .. Just a few spoonful and this time 4 cousin sisters of mine, my sister and myself were called back to stage to sing another song..Gosh..Sang a malay song, by Siti Nurhaliza if not mistaken, can't remember the title.. picked by one of my cousin sister. After that we sang Taylor Swift’s Love Story..hahaha

Didn’t get to savour the food spread much but I sure enjoyed the time spent with my familia… HAPPY HAPPY!!! And it was a bonus to see my granma smiling happily!



First to be served: Lucky Bao?


Scallops! MY FAVOURITE!!


Sharksfin Soup - My Another FAVOURITE!!


Sharksfin Soup with Crab!! Superb!


Cod Fish cooked "Char Siu" Style


Deep Fried Prawns



Mixed Vegetables


Birthday Noodles - Lam Mee


White Fungus with "geng geng" dessert

Mocha Brulee and Coconut Ice Cream
Sesame & Soy Restaurant, GHotel
Location: First Floor of GHotel
168A Persiaran Gurney,
10250 Penang.
Tel#: 04-2380000
Operation Hours:
Lunch: 11.30am – 2.30pm
Dinner: 6.30pm – 10.00pm

0 comments

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment