Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Songs from Yesterdays..

.

After a few days grooving and dancing to Hip Hop, R&B dance beat songs, I’ve got a change of mood and wanted to listen to slower tempo songs and decided to listen to songs popular back then (70s -80s).
Some of my favorites are :

Air Supply – Lost in Love
Air Supply – All Out of Love
Air Supply – Two Less Lonely People In The World
Art Company – Suzanna
Bee Gees – How Can I Mend A Broken Heart
Bee Gees – Massachusets
Bee Gees – Too Much Heaven
Bosson – One In A Million
Captain & Tennile – Do That To Me One More Time
Climie Fisher – Love Changes Everything
Commodores – Three Times A Lady
Eric Clapton – Wonderful Tonight
George Michael – Careless Whisper
Joe Crocker & Jennifer Warnes – Up Where We Belong
Jose Mari Chan – Beautiful Girl
Lobo – I’d Love You To Want Me
Paul Anka – I Don’t Like To Sleep Alone
Peter Cetera – If You Leave Me Now
Richard Marx – Right Here Waiting
Rick Springfield – Jessie’s Girl
Rod Stewart – Have I Told You Lately
Shakin’ Stevens – Because I Love You
Simply Red – If You Don’t Me By Now
Stephen Bishop – It Might Be You
The Archies – Sugar Sugar
The Carpenters – Mr. Postman
The Carpenters – The Rainbow Connection
The Everly Brothers – All I Have To Do Is Dream
The Platters – The Great Pretender
The Shirelles – Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow
The Wonders – That Thing You Do
Olivia Newton-John – I Honestly Love You
Jimmy Buffet – Escape (The Pina Colada Song)
Vonda Shepherd – Baby Don’t Break My Heart Slow

Not to forget my favourites from the musical, “Grease” :

Olivia Newton-John – Hopelessly Devoted To You
John Travolta – Sandy
John Travolta – Grease Lightning
John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John – Summer Nights
John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John & Cast – We Go Together
John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John – You’re The One That I Want

Last but not least, my ALL TIME FAVOURITE :
The Wonders - That Thing You Do
Never get bored of this song no matter how many times I played them repeatedly..hehehe

Some of my friends ask me, you were born in 80’s so these songs not supposed to be in your playlist at all..But, why not? These songs are “songs made to last & stay popular for a long long time unlike the songs produce nowadays” as quoted by my dad.
My dad was the person responsible in exposing my sister and I to these songs. Listening to them again makes me reminisce those times when my dad would play on his guitar or keyboard and my sister and I would sing in duet. I still remember the first time when we were requested by family members to up on stage to sing. I remember clearly how my legs were shaking uncontrollably! Hahaha
Being a daughter to my dad who is musically talented demands that I, too must know how to play a musical instrument. Unfortunately, I was not not as gifted as my dad - I only can sing moderately and only learnt playing the recorder during primary school days :p

0 comments

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment