Friday, July 1, 2011

Standard Chartered Marathon 2011

.

Successfully coaxed by my friends, I agreed to participate in this year's Standard Chartered Marathon - 10km. My first participation was in 2009 for 5km run and a certificate of participation was given. This year I will make sure I collect my finisher medal for the 10km run!!! ^_^

Collection of Race Pack venue is no longer at Dataran Merdeka. Instead, it is held at Putra Stadium, Bukit Jalil.

23-June-11, Thursday
Reached Putra Stadium around 7.30pm and the queue didn't look too bad at all..
A relief to know that I'll be able to get my dinner on time...heheheheh..


2011 Singlet - GREEN & WHITE by New Balance

Stuffs inside the Race Pack

26-June-11, Sunday
This year's starting point was at Jalan Parlimen..a few kilometres away from Dataran Merdeka.
From the website, it was made known that there will be a shuttle bus from Kelana Jaya LRT station to a drop off point near Jalan Parlimen between 4am - 6am on 26June but I think I missed the 5.45am bus. Took the LRT to Masjid Jamek station instead. By the time I reach the starting point, the 10km runners has just been flagged off!! Not bad huh my timing.. as soon as I reach - START RUNNING!!!

The marathon begins! It drizzle a little but thankfully it stopped after a while.

Route include a trip to Little India!

Sad - They just drink and throw the cups on the road... Sigh...

Toilet break!! Not for me!!
*I can't help to feel sorry for the girl - it's like she's saying" FASTER!!! I can't hold it much longer~"

6km more to go... I CAN DO THIS!!!


Cheerleaders!!!


Yaayy!! FINISH LINE!!! FINALLY!!!!!!! *huff huff puff*

With most of the time walking and probably a slow jog of 2-3km out of 10km, I finally reached the finishing line at 01:43::44. I ranked at 2155 out of approximately 10,000 of 10km runners? Not bad eh!?? I am at top 3000!!! HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!



10KM Finisher Medal!! Clap Clap Clap Clap!! for myself..
Hahahaha.. actually this is not a well deserved medal..I should actually regard it as a "souvenir" instead =p

Would I join next year's marathon? Uhhh.... I'll think about it =p (For so many days, my legs suffered muscle pain..can barely walk up/down the staircase looking normal..) So.. yeah.. I'll decide next year if I wanna participate or not =p

0 comments

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment