Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Tenji Japanese Buffet, Solaris KL

.




I am not a fan of sushi or anything raw. But I’m game for cooked stuffs, Japanese style. When my godbrother mentioned I’ll get to have free flow of Häagen-Dazs ice cream as well, I’m set to join him and his buddies to Tenji Japanese Buffet Restaurant for a buffet supper.






Buffet supper promotion starts at 9.30pm. After payment has been made, a waitress in waiting walked up to us and lead the way to our table.

As we walked in to the restaurant, my first impression is, this place is HUGE! Very Spacious and comfortable, nice decorations and ambience makes me hope that the food won’t disappoint later..hehehe

I got SUPER excited looking at the counters and stalls of food! So many things, colours, shapes , sizes and varieties!! Where shall I start first? Ohh..nevermind.. just walk around and HIT & TAKE! Hahaha


*Apologies for the poor photography quality – Nokia 5800 camera is a disappointment..sigh*










Walkway to the main dining area


Sashimi on bed of ice


Oysters on bed of ice

















Choices of crab. prawn, fish, rice


Mini Steamboat


Desserts


Cookies and Tarts


Cakes


Grilled Beef


Oyster with tabasco sauce and Salmon


Japanese Tofus and Seaweed


No need to wait and queue :)


Table Clips





Lamb shoulder


Beef with Enoki mushrooms


Mixed mushrooms


Bean Sprouts not spared - try also!











Inari, Sushi with seaweed, Deep fried Brinjal, Pumpkin



Tom Yam Steamboat - can opt for Miso soup


Chinese herbal soup


Chawanmushi

Decided to walk out to one of the stall to get some noodles. Only to get involve in an eating competition. The “judge” said, if you dare to take up the challenge to eat the noodle soup with 8-10 spoonful of the spicy chilli paste, you’ll be given a RM50 discount voucher. I said, “Count me in!” with regret later because only then I get to know I have to finish the noodle soup in 5 minutes time and u have to finish the whole bowl, soup and all! Lil Piggy usually just eat the noodle drink the soup if its nice..


Crap...! Lil piggy in trouble! My godbro and his four other guy friends came over to watch, leaving one of the guy's girlfriend to “guard” our table. By then, I was feeling self conscious! I am not comfortable having eyes looking at me while I eat - what more I have to eat worst than a glutton to beat the time?


Lil Piggy can take spicy, can eat quite a lot but not GOBBLE!! A little worried now.. still not backing out? No…

Besides me, another Malay guy took up the challenge too. Seated opposite of me, when the timer starts to tick, he starts to gobble down the noodle, I thought to myself “ Oh OOO!! Of course he’s gonna win!”. True enough, he finished it in 1 minute ++! He received his discount voucher and I’ve not finished even half the bowl! I should have slowed down but I didn’t .. finished in 2 minutes ++.


It’s not spicy at all.. it’s like pepperish spicy teeny weeny bit and a bit wasabi gassy kinda stuff. Got my voucher, stood up, walked back to our table only the noodles decide not to go into my stomach and stay in there, but force themselves out from my mouth.

I just couldn’t hold back!! So embarrassing to be throwing up on the side of the walkway!! Kept apologizing to the manager cum judge..(luckily he didn’t take back my voucher.. hehehe)


Moral of the story : If you are not a fast eater although you can take spicy, DON’T take up the challenge.







8 spoonful of Chilli Paste


Soup added to the noodle + chili paste


What it looks like after mixing it up


Voucher earned through my most embarrassed moment


After the embarrassing ordeal, took a seat, get back my breath then head over to the ice cream counter ^_^
Ice cream indulging time!! Woohoo!! Had only 6 scoops..that noodle challenge spoilt my appetite! But I guess, I should have eat a considerable amount of stuffs for the promotional rate at RM39.90++..

My next trip,
I wanna make sure I visit each and everyone of the counter.
NOT GOING BACK to the noodle counter!! * shy – cover face *



My second coconut drink


Dessert


Let's hit the ice cream now!


The last scoops of ice cream before we head home

Final words, to my readers, I’m sorry to make this post a bit disgusting towards the end....but that's what really happened to me! :p hahaha


Tenji Japanese Buffet Restaurant

Lot L-01-01, SohoKL, Solaris Mont’ Kiara
2 Jalan Solaris, 5o480 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 1700-80-1818 / 03-6203.6896


Operation Hours:

Weekdays:
Lunch 11.30 a.m. - 4.00 p.m. RM77++
Dinner 5.30 p.m. - 9.30 p.m. RM88++
Supper 10.00 p.m. - 2.30 a.m. RM88++


Weekend & Public Holiday:
Lunch 11.00 a.m. - 4.00 p.m. RM77++
Dinner 5.30 p.m. - 9.30 p.m. RM88++
Supper 10.00 p.m. - 2.30 a.m. RM88++


Pre-booking of table is highly reccomended.

Note: Click here Visit Tenji's Blog to find out updates on their promotions.

Map to the restaurant - Click on the picture to download.





0 comments

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment